Video Review Credit: We, anynewcar.com.au endeavour to source new car video reviews from a variety of different channels. We manually review all new car reviews before posting them here on our blog to ensure they will be most helpful for you in buying a new car. We’d like to particularly thank and give credit to Wheels Magazine Australia for their thorough and consistent new car reviews.
7 Things You May Not Know About The Subaru Forester
- Subaru Foresters with Automatic Boot Lids have a memory height function which stops the boot from opening too far inside a garage, carport or carpark.
- The Subaru Forester now has thicker window glass. Subaru have also upgraded the window, door seals and body structure all of which make the Forester noticeably quieter inside.
- Subaru Foresters with X-mode can limit the 4-wheel drive system’s wheel slip on loose or slick surfaces. This also helps when descending steep hills when off-road.
- Subaru’s flat boxer engine is designed to be safer in the event of a serious frontal collision in that the engine is set to roll under the cabin to protect occupants… rather than into the cabin.
- The Foresters alloy wheel patterns are actually designed to minimise wind resistance and deliver improved fuel economy.
- XT and 2.5IS models have headlights that swing as you turn the wheel. This to light up the direction in which you’re heading.
- The new Forester has raised suspension giving it 220mm ground clearance which is even more than some popular dual cab utes.
The new Subaru Forester is still a safe, practical SUV that won’t leave you bored behind the wheel. The Forester has always had a healthy following here in Australia and that following doesn’t seem to be diminishing.
It’s not uncommon for past Forester models to be traded in (and still running beautifully) with hundreds of thousands of kilometres amassed on their odometers. The Forester stands the test of time in more ways than one.
Subaru Forester Models currently on offer:
Forester 2.0i-L / 2.5i-L | Forester 2.5i-S | Forester 2.0XT | Forester 2.0XT Premium | Forester 2.0D-L | Forester 2.0D-S
You can view all Forester features and specifications here at the Forester section of Subaru Australia’s website.
Do you own a Subaru Forester? Or have you test driven one? Let us know your thoughts in the Facebook comments section below.